Now we have started on the topic of Sprouting, and before we get into the various sprout types as well as the health benefits of sprouting, I thought it may be a good time as any to discuss why you should even consider sprouting in the first place.
There are some really simple, good reasons for sprouting:
- The plants have not been sprayed (buy your seeds from a reputed stockist)
- The plants are not exposed to the elements
- They grow in any climate
- They take roughly 5 days to be ready to eat
- They do not produce waste
- They have few calories, but include loads of minerals
- Whilst the seeds grow into seedlings, they contain all the growing goodness that they require to become fully functional, healthy plants, which you benefit from - They are known as "Living Food"
- Sprouts are alkaline forming - if you are paying attention to what you eat, you will want to limit your intake of acid-forming foods and sprouts are great for this.
- Most sprouts aid detoxification like Fenugreek
- Most people find sprouts much easier to digest that the fully grown plant
- They are an easy way to add worthwhile nutritional value to your meals and snacks throughout the day.
On Friday, I will discuss which sprouts you could consider and what the various sprouts are good for.
See you then.
P.S. If you have any questions that you would like answered, please leave them in the comments below.